7.05.2008

my favorite holiday

this holiday is my absolute favorite. i love everything about it. it seems to be a day when everyone is happy! i love all the festive creations of others. i love being around so many people that are all enjoying it with you. i love the parade (although i was slightly disappointed this year because there was basically no floats.) but i love everything about this holiday.
mike and i went to the salt lake bee's game for our 4th. usually, we go to his brother rocky's, but he didn't have a big get together this year. being at the game was so much fun! for one, im a huge baseball fan. i love watching it! and the firework show was awesome. of course, my pictures aren't to good, but oh well. :]
i think the one think that makes me like this holiday so much, is that it reminds me that we are a free country. we can do what we please. we can say what we want, do what we want.. anything. and that means so much to be. when i think about the men and women fighting to keep us free, it just means that much more. and now, that i have a brother in law that will be leaving for the middle east, it makes me love being free even more then usual. because now it's not just men and women. it's my family. 
i love america. i love living in a free country. i love everything about the usa.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You look so patriotic! How fun. We've done that before too, it is a lot of fun. AND they have Dippin' Dots, my favorite. How are you doing with Lizzy gone? Love you!